While Batman preferred the cover of darkness and all things noir, this is not the time for it.
It’s Spring, my dears. Whether you measure it by groundhog predictions, or calendar dates or Supermoons, the ushering of a new season is upon us.
For me, there is only one start to this season of all things new – Holi, which is celebrated with vigor, vibrancy and a joie de vivre by the people of India, a place I lovingly call the Motherland.
I remember Holi celebrations of my childhood in (old New) Delhi – wearing old whites and then spraying family and neighbours with powdered colours and colour-filled water balloons. It truly was – and is - a celebration of joy, of colour, of the welcoming of Spring and all its glory into your world.
So, do that today. Surround yourself with colour.
1. Sunburst: Christopher Kane's stamped florals for SS11.
2. Issey Miyake's SS11 smock dress.
3. Turn things around this Spring - Atsu Summer Resort 2011 dress.
4. Haider Ackermann sTeals my heart each season.
5. Poetic licence - Haider SS11 gown.
6. Peel me a grape. Ports 1961 SS11 gown.
7. Fade in: this Dries jacket for SS11 lets you slowly ease into colour.
8. You'll get lots of compliments wearing these complementing florals by Dries.
9. Like something out of the MoMA - Raf Simons for Jil Sander SS11.
10. Little Shilpa, an accessories designer from India, was all about blooms for Summer Resort 2011.
11. Any damsel in this dress would emerge golden. Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen SS11.
12. 3-D florals at Vera Wang SS11.
13. Sultry spring in the tropics, according to Marc Jacobs for SS11.
14. Floral armbands at Mary Katrantzou SS11.
15. The master of prints and pattern, Sabyasachi X 3 for Summer Resort 2011.
16. Stella was all about the juicy details for SS11.
17. Butterfly Babe at Alexander McQueen by Sarah Burton for SS11.
18. Subtle hues at Dries SS11.
19. Bang on bangles at Manish Arora SS11 - a bolder take on an arm full of clinking, thin, glass bangles in India?
20: Manish Arora has never been shy with his use of pigments. SS11 printed coat and technicolor PVC leggings.
21. The printed palette of Erdem, SS11.
22. A shred of decency at Vivienne Westwood Red Label SS11.
23. Don't turn your back on the possibilities. Vera Wang SS11.
24. There is hope and redemption in the coming months. Vera Wang SS11.
25. A wild and bold runway at Burberry SS11. Your own runway awaits.
26. Soft, billowy stripes at Rimi Nayak Summer Resort 2011.
27. Loden and behold - Akris SS11 buttery leather jacket.
28. Creative colour blocking at Jil Sander SS11.
29. A petite floral lace frock at Erdem SS11.
30. This Oscar de la Renta number would be great for a stroll along distant shores.
31. I might also need this to celebrate Canada Day this year. Vera Wang SS11.
32. Grecian goddess of the coral sea, according to Shantanu and Nikhil, Summer Resort 2011.
33. Laxmi Menon in ODLR SS11.
34. Wearing colour - and life, really - is all about balancing the details. ODLR SS11.
35. You just have to be smart about both, and face each with absolute confidence. Costume National SS11.
With all of the darkness we have been enveloped by lately and the heaviness that hangs over us, take the time today to celebrate all that is good, all that is joyous in your own life.
That collective energy, those positive thoughts are immense in their strength.
They can move more than you think they can.
The sky is powerful right now and the planets are listening.
Shout it to the top!
Images 1, 7, 8, 12, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 24, 29-31, 33, 34 – Vogue.com. Images 2, 4, 5, 6, 9, 19, 20, 22, 27, 28, 35 – Elle.com. Images 3, 10, 15, 26, 32 courtesy of Lakme Fashion Week. Image 11 courtesy of Alexander McQueen. Image 13 by Scott Schuman. Image 17 by Peter Stigter. Image 25 courtesy of Burberry.